Spicy Pork and Bok Choy Noodles
- 1 – 2 heads of baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 in. ginger root, finely chopped
- 8 oz. thai rice noodles
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup, 1 1/2 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green part only)
- 3 cloves garlic (to be removed before eating)
- 2 Shishito peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 – 4 basil leaves, chopped or torn for serving
- Salt for seasoning
Chop off the very bottom of the bok choy and begin separating the dark green tops from the white stems. Thinly slice the stems, leaving the top green sections whole.
Boil water for the rice noodles and cook according to package, making sure to drain and run under cool water.
In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Add a few shakes of salt, 1 1/2 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar. Transfer the pork to a separate bowl, using a slotted spoon to allow the sauce to remain in the skillet.
Add olive oil to the skillet along with scallions, garlic, ginger and peppers. Cook until you begin to smell the ingredients mixing. Add the bok choy stems and a dash of salt. Cook the bok choy stems several minutes until tender. Remove garlic from the skillet and discard. Add the bok choy leaves and pork to the skillet.
Mix in the remaining 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce and 1 1/2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar until combined well. Add the noddles and cook until warmed through.
Toss with chopped basil to serve.